The project “Pic climate justice” aims to encourage young people in the global south and north to discuss and participate in the complex topic of “climate justice”. Within the project, 15-20 young
people between 16 and 30 years design a digital photo exhibition in which they illustrate their personal experiences and perspectives on the topic "climate justice".
Five participants will also be trained to become so-called “Guides”. The purpose of the "Guides" is to encourage other young people in the global south and north to think about "climate justice". They will jointly develop a workshop with the use of the digital photo exhibition to discuss the underlying topics with groups of young people (peer to peer).
The digital photo exhibition will be presented to an audience in public online and offline events, in schools, universities, youth centers, shopping centers, cultural centers and various other places.
How to participate
The project consists of 4 online-seminars, each lasts 2 days (Saturday and Sunday).
- Online Seminar 1: 23rd and 24th of April 2022
- Online Seminar 2: 14th and 15th of May 2022
- Online Seminar 3: 28th and 29th of May 2022
- Online Seminar 4: 11th and 12th of June 2022
The seminar times each day will be:
- Ecuador: 09:00 am - 01:00 pm (local time)
- Austria: 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm (local time, UTC+2)
- You are not from Austria or Ecuador? No problem! You can still participate!
To participate please fill out the application right here: LINK
Deadline: 9th of May! (Dont worry if you missed the first seminar, we recorded it for you!!)
Conditions of participation
- You are interested in digital media, especially photography and audio recording and want to learn more about it
- You want to develop your own perspective on "climate justice" in a creative way
- You are between 16 and 30 years old
- You have the time to participate in all 4 seminars
- You have access to a computer with a stable internet connection (at least 5 Mbit/s) and know how to use the tool "zoom"
- Your level of english is good enough to follow the seminar (B1 minimum)
Impressions from the past project "Pic herstory!" (2020-2021)
Here you can take a look at the exhibition catalogue.
Here you can find a video of the virtual tour throuh the exhibition:
Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals: (short: SDGs) are a collection of 17 interlinked global goals adopted by the United Nations. to be implemented until the year 2030. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve life on land and below water. These goals will be used as the underlying concept of this project in order to talk about "climate justice".